Little write-up on Pentax stuff

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Sat Oct 17 02:18:41 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 06:48:08PM +1300, David Mann wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2009, at 3:27 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
>
>> I suspect some might disagree with me, especially on my opinion of the
>> MX and MZ-5n (neither of which I was terribly impressed by), on the
>> flip isde, I really do like my K2.
>
> The K2 is my favourite Pentax body.  The LX is second because I don't
> like the light meter readout.

I like the MX enough that I bought a second one just to have a spare.
I never had any problems with the magic needles, and with a motor drive
the MX is a really responsive camera, ready to shoot the next frame as
fast as anything except far more expensive cameras.  Perhaps that's one
reason why the PZ-1p is my favourite AF body; that, and the two-wheel
interface - I never really liked MZ bodies, even though I have an MZ-S
(although I must admit the AF on the MZ-S is much better than the PZ-1p).