Little write-up on Pentax stuff

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:40:15 EDT 2009

I learned to like the MX more than ever having loved it, I still have
two of them, after all by the time I went digital the peak of the analog
film camera market was well past.  One has a roll of film in it I'll
have to finish real soon now.  It was a huge step up in capability and
viewfinder from the Spotmatic I had before it., though the Spotty was a
better fit for my hands  TO the other hand it was as if the LX was made
to my exact specification, I still have a pair of them too.  Yes, the
ZX/MZ-3/5n bodies were a bit flimsy, but their ergonomics were very
good, (and I traided a ZX-m for a ZX-5n in a three way swap).  I thought
the 5n Viewfinder was much superior to the ZX--m though I have to agree
the focusing screen would have been better if it were split image.  I
almost never really used the 5n autofocus, most of my best glass was and
still is M and K.  I really don't need all those lenses a lot of them
never get used on digital.

frank theriault wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Adam Maas <adam at mawz.ca> wrote:
>
>> Just posted a writeup o my opinions on various Pentax SLR's I've owned
>> over the last few years on my blog over at www.mawz.ca.
>>
>> I suspect some might disagree with me, especially on my opinion of the
>> MX and MZ-5n (neither of which I was terribly impressed by), on the
>> flip isde, I really do like my K2.
>>

> I loved my MX.  Probably my favourite Pentax film body.  Sadly the
> meter's dead on mine (or does it just need a new battery?);  no
> matter, the only film body I ever use these days is my Leica.
>
> cheers,
> frank

	--G. K. Chesterton