Little piece on lenses

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Sat Oct 17 01:22:08 EDT 2009

Most readers of my blog aren't photogs.  When I meet them at
conferences & so on they look at me swapping primes and ask "what is
it with that?"  So I wrote a little piece to try to introduce this
whole multi-lens thang, and why civilians might want to step on to the
slippery slope.  It won't educate anyone reading PDML but might
entertain.

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2009/10/07/Photo-Gear

Quote: "I’m happiest when I’m out with just the 21mm and 40mm, because
the whole combo is ridiculously light and there’s still room in the
bag for a sandwich and hip-flask."  -Tim