PESO: some industrial hardcore

Ralf R. Radermacher fotoralf at gmx.de
Fri Oct 16 16:41:53 EDT 2009

John Sessoms <jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I always enjoy your night industrial photography, but I wonder if you
> ever have trouble with the police or security forces questioning what
> you're doing.

No problem in France or Belgium. Once every few years some over-zealous
security guy, but so far I've always had the last laugh.

The French police sometimes look when they're passing by and just nod
and drive on as soon as they see the camera. The Belgian coppers usually
can't be bothered. If ever they ask, it's out of simple curiosity about
why on earth someone would want to photograph that stupid old steel
mill.

I always have a small binder with a number of photos on board for such
occasions.

I don't do much in Germany anymore. Here, it's less the police or
security guards but some self-appointed deputy living opposite who'll be
raising hell.

I'd be careful in the UK, nowadays, and I'm not even sure I'd take a
camera if I were travelling to the US.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com