OT - Blurb publishing - PDML Photo Annual

Ken Waller kwaller at peoplepc.com
Fri Oct 16 12:01:29 EDT 2009

Thought I'd pass on an incident that recently occurred with a PDML annual,
that I recently ordered.

In mid September, I ordered another PDML annual from Blurb and had it sent
to a friend in another state. Needless to say she enjoyed it a lot.

The other day I got an email from Blurb advising me that -

"Between August 24 and September 15, one of our print partners experienced a
production issue that gave images in some books a washed-out look. While
most books had no discernible defects, we discovered that some books simply
did not meet our quality standards. We take pride in the books that we
produce and take quality issues like this very seriously, and that is why we
wanted you to know what happened.
So, here's the deal. We really don't know who received a bad book, so we'd
like to give you a coupon to completely replace your book (or another for
the same amount) - on us - shipping and all, whether or not you were
satisfied with your book"

Pretty good customer relations IMO.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f