Mac version of ScanTags now available (with any luck)

David Mann dmann at bluemoon.net.nz
Fri Oct 16 05:00:55 EDT 2009

Relying to two in one...

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 05:57:30PM -0600, steve harley wrote:
>>
>> there's a tool called Default Folder that adds a similar feature
>> (among
>> others) on Macs; it's a real timesaver for people who do a lot of
>> opening and saving of files in different locations

Yes, a colleague pointed that out to me at work yesterday.  I think
the standard Mac way is good enough for me but that opinion is subject
to change.

On Oct 16, 2009, at 1:53 PM, John Francis wrote:

> My favourite tools (both are freeware):
>
> o The Windows Shell extension to view PEF & DNG thumbnails in Explorer
>
> o The "Command Here" powertoy (an option to open a new command window
>   with the current directory set to any folder by right-clicking on
> the
>   folder in an explorer window).

Another one I'd recommend is StExBar, it adds some very good features
to Explorer, eg tabs and regular expression
file renaming.  It has a "Command Here" function but it only opens in
the current directory.

Cheers,
Dave