Question re GPS and geotagging

SV Hovland pdml at heime.org
Fri Oct 16 03:35:36 EDT 2009

Yes, looks nice. One important feature is the AA batteries. Li-Ion batteries are usually dead after a few years and next to impossible to replace on a unit which was out of production several years ago.

Mobile phones with GPS are rather cheap today ( http://www.dustinhome.no/pd_5010198934.aspx ) and can run car navigation software, terrain nav. software or simple GPX loggers. I did this on our trip to London and my phone was able to log continously for 10 hours and using 60% of the battery. Can send you the files for the Saturday if you want them.

Stig Vidar