The collection went away

Charles Robinson charlesr at
Thu Oct 15 17:49:48 EDT 2009

On Oct 15, 2009, at 16:31, William Robb wrote:
> My understanding is that if you move stuff around outside of
> Lightroom then you are stuck with importing it twice since you then
> need to import it into Lightroom.

If you move a directory out from underneath Lightroom, the thumbnail
will have a ? in the upper-right corner when you highlight it.  Click
the "?" and you have the option of telling LR where it (and its
neighbors) now resides.

This is what I do when I move older images off to an external disc and/
or DVDs.  Not tricky at all.  And you sure don't have to re-import!

Charles Robinson - charlesr at
Minneapolis, MN