PESO - Pinnacles Non-Pano

Brian Walters supera1000 at
Thu Oct 15 16:50:50 EDT 2009

Beautiful light and shadows on the first image.

I don't think there are any at The Pinnacles as high as 10 metres (the
largest I saw would have been about 4 -5 metres) but there are lots of
small ones too.

You should have posted these as a new thread so that more people could
enjoy them!

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:31 +1000, "John Coyle" <jcoyle at>
> Brian's excellent shots of the Pinnacles reminded me of similar
> formations
> in Egypt's White Desert, west of Cairo, so called because it is a vast
> limestone bed which has been heavily eroded over the millennia.
> Difference
> here is that the erosion has left many of the formations top-heavy, as in
> the second shot.  Some of them are as much as 10 metres high, others so
> small you can step over them.
> Techie stuff - *ist-D, Pentax DA 16-45, 200ASA, #1 at 1/1000 f5.6, #2 at
> 1/750 f5.6, early morning light (EXIF data courtesy John's ScanTags
> utility).
> Like Brian, I would love to go back and spend more time in varying light
> conditions to do the area justice.
> John in Brisbane

-- - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are