OT Who needs Photoshop?

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Thu Oct 15 13:11:11 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/15/2009 9:56:44 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
rf.sullivan at gmail.com writes:
Marnie,
In a time of  economic turmoil, it is hard not to resent a country
(government) which  exploits their poor, hard working masses to take
economic prosperity from  those who have become accustomed to living
with it and feel entitled to  it.  People will 'Buy American' again
when the folks here make good  quality products at the lowest price.
Asking for less is asking for you to  support me with an extra
'donation' because my nationality is the same as  yours.
Regards,  Bob S.

=============
That's all well and  good, Bob, if you believe in globalization of the US
economy. Me, I wouldn't  mind a little more protectionism. It definitely
isn't a dirty word. I wonder how  many American tax payers realize they were
paying taxes to a government that,  over years, facilitated corporations to
move their businesses to another  country? Paid taxes to a government that
directly helped them lose their jobs? I  wonder how many would be seriously
ticked off? I know I was and I  am.

There is no use trying to put a pretty face on it, it isn't pretty,  it's
petty.

And I still don't support communism or totalitarianism. Never  will.

Hopefully the Chinese will eventually form labor unions and lobby  for
higher wages. Which they need to do for themselves, but will also in the  long
run help everyone else too. Once things, wage-wise, are on an economic
level, world-wise, then the level playing field will determine where jobs go
based on expertise.

(Of course, at that point, corporations will just  move their business to
another country that allows the paying of their citizens  dirt wages. But it
will take a long, long time before we run out of countries  like that.)

Marnie