°SOUTH: WAR / 2009 Nikon-Walkley Press Photo

Derby Chang derbyc at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 15 07:11:45 EDT 2009

Popped into the opening of a pretty compelling double exhibition tonight
at the Australian Centre for Photography

The Nikon Walkley awards are an annual press award, and the photo
section is always seriously good viewing. I distinctly remember the
series of photos from the Lin family funeral. They were a family
murdered here in my suburb, in fact I used to buy a lot of my
photography magazines from their newsagency. The photographer was
working for the local newspaper. Normally I never open the paper, but
the shots so moving, I had to go through the whole article. The case
remains unsolved.

°SOUTH are a pretty legendary bunch of characters, including Tim Page,
David Dare Parker, and the amazing Sean Flynn. The show is hard going,
but very much worth the effort

Highly recommended.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/09/09_10/09_10_south/index.htm

derbyc at iinet.net.au