PESO - Queen at Shaw

Drew drew at rileyelf.free-online.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 04:11:08 EDT 2009

Joseph McAllister wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2009, at 22:01 , P. J. Alling wrote:
>
>> The Railway running to the top of Mount Washington in New Hampshire
>> is a Cog Railway...
>
> So true. It was the very first Cog Railway in the world, now widely
> copied on many a steep incline.

I beg to differ on that point!!   the first Cog Railway was the
Middleton Railway between Middleton and Leeds in Yorkshire. The Mount
Washington Railroad was the first Mountain Cog Railway.  Whatever next I
don't know.... you'll be claiming the first Electric Railway next...then
steam....  tut tut tut.... ;-)

Drew.

^ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_railway#cite_note-Jehan-0> ^
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_railway#cite_note-Jehan-0>