OT Who needs Photoshop?

Subash pdml.live at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:40:19 EDT 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:17:36 EDT
Eactivist at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/14/2009 6:30:59 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
> pdml.live at gmail.com writes:
> though, personally i would  say your way of stating the 'problem' is,
> hmmm, a lot more  non-prejudicial?
>

> ============
> I think those of us in the US can be  prejudiced against China just
> fine.
>
> Places like Wal-mart (Target, etc.)  and the loss of tons and tons of
> American manufacturing/toy making/clothes  making jobs.
>
> Minor stuff, you know, like that.
>
> Marnie :-) Not to  mention they are a totalitarian government that
> locks up political dissents (and  censoring of the web for their
> citizens, etc.). Frankly, I don't see much to  recommend them.

you are, of course, welcome to your prejudices. though i would tend to
think that your government and your corporate culture are to be equally
blamed for your current economic mess. or are you looking for easy
scapegoats?

as for political systems, let the chinese take the call on that. not
everyone has to be or even wants to be like you (you as in 'political
you'), you know. it's an old, evolving culture and i am sure they can
work out for themselves all the contradictions and different pulls that
entails. or, do you want to send in the B-52s? :)