Peso - Washington 2

Joseph McAllister pentaxian at mac.com
Wed Oct 14 18:40:39 EDT 2009

The Seattle Museum of Flight at Boeing field, just south of downtown,
not SeaTac, has a Concorde and  Air Force One from the Kennedy years
on display, and they are open to tour and photograph. They are
currently outdoors, but I believe one of the additions under
construction there is to house the big jets.

On Oct 14, 2009, at 14:56 , gldnbearz wrote:

> None of the aircraft were set-up for interior viewing.  Would have
> been nice, although perhaps there isn't anything inside to see.
>
> - Pat
>
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 5:11 PM, John Francis <johnf at panix.com> wrote:
>> I agree - that's an unusual take on the Concorde.
>>
>> There are several of them around at museums; I've got pictures of
>> the one
>> at the Boeing Museum of Flight in Seattle.
>>
>> I do have to take exception to one thing, though - the Concorde
>> isn't large.
>> In fact if you take a look inside one the overwhelming impression
>> is just
>> how tiny this thing is.  If you want large, try the Airbus A380.  I
>> got to
>> see one of these at Heathrow when I was flying back to San
>> Francisco, both
>> at the terminal as I made my way to my gate, and taking off (about
>> an hour
>> before my flight was due to depart).

Joseph McAllister
pentaxian at mac.com