PESO: Street shooting in and around Boston

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:49:44 EDT 2009

I believe I coined the the word "Theriaultean" long long ago to describe
the characteristics of our own Frank "Knarf" Theriault's street shooting
style, which exhibits a casual disregard for such frivolities as holding
the camera steady and proper focus, in search of /content/ . Someone, I
forget who, added a page to Wikapedia, codifying it, and Frank hit the
roof so the page was removed.  To bad, I think franks work is at least
as deserving as a lot of other photographers who have their own pages...

Miserere wrote:
> 2009/10/11 Mark Roberts <mark at robertstech.com>:
>
>> I agree. Superb shots, especially the first one. Very Theriaultean!
>>
>> I also like the fire escape shot.
>>

> Thanks Mark, but you're going to have to explain to me who "Theriault"
> is/was. Google and Wikipedia didn't help much. Unless you mean those
> photos had the impact of a punch delivered by Canadian Kickboxing
> champion :
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Yves_Th%C3%A9riault_%28martial_arts%29
>
> :-)
>

>  --M.