The collection went away

Godfrey DiGiorgi gdigiorgi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:31:05 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
> I started building a lightroom collection. I grabbed the shots from my
> Sept 2010 library, moved to the October library and the collection was
> no longer in the collection tab.  Is there any way of making a
> collection of files that are in multiple libraries?

I don't think you're using the term "library" correctly in the
Lightroom context.

- Collections can contain files from any Folder in the current catalog.
- Collections are implemented in the catalog file and do not cross
catalog boundaries.

So, if by "library" you mean you have a catalog containing files from
"September 2010" and another catalog containing files from "October",
you need to merge the catalogs in order to create a collection that
contains files from both those sets.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com