Mac version of ScanTags now available (with any luck)

steve harley pdml at paper-ape.com
Wed Oct 14 15:52:02 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-13 19:36 , John Francis wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 05:32:31PM -0600, steve harley wrote:
>> what does the
>> windows version do if you drop 50 files on it?
>
> I don't think it can handle 50 (there is some limit on the total
> length of a command line) but I've tested it with forty files.

yeah bash by default can handle 2048 characters

> It produces output for those 40 files - up to 7 lines for each file,
> plus the final two lines - getting on for 300 lines of output.  The
> text window is scrollable, so you can go back and look at the first
> lines of output.

+1 for convenience to Windows, then

for AppleScript, the default dialog box is pretty limited; the easy ways
around this are fairly ugly; i'm working on embedding the tool in an
AppleScript Studio wrapper, which would provide a real GUI while still
being very lightweight

it's worth noting one can open a Terminal window, type "ScanTags"
(assuming it's in the path) and a space, then drag a bunch of files from
the Finder to the Terminal window and hit return