Mac version of ScanTags now available (with any luck)

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Tue Oct 13 21:36:56 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 05:32:31PM -0600, steve harley wrote:
> On 2009-10-12 11:21 , John Francis wrote:
>>
>> You don't need to do
>> that - ScanTags will accept multiple file name parameters, and
>> show the tag information for all the files in a single window.
>
> understood, but for various reasons i avoided that; what does the
> windows version do if you drop 50 files on it?

I don't think it can handle 50 (there is some limit on the total
length of a command line) but I've tested it with forty files.

It produces output for those 40 files - up to 7 lines for each file,
plus the final two lines - getting on for 300 lines of output.  The
text window is scrollable, so you can go back and look at the first
lines of output.  The size of the scroll buffer can be specified on
a per-program basis, too, so if you intend to use scantags with many
files you can increase the size of the scrolling buffer.