Mac version of ScanTags now available (with any luck)

steve harley pdml at paper-ape.com
Tue Oct 13 19:32:31 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-12 11:21 , John Francis wrote:

> Thanks - I'll take you up on that packaging offer.

okay let's sort out the behavior first ...

> I'm not an expert in AppleScript, so I can't be sure, but it
> looks to me as though your script will create multiple windows
> if you drag-and-drop more than one file.

yes, a sequence of modal dialogs, unfortunately

> You don't need to do
> that - ScanTags will accept multiple file name parameters, and
> show the tag information for all the files in a single window.

understood, but for various reasons i avoided that; what does the
windows version do if you drop 50 files on it?

anyhow, to handle multiple files better, i've changed the script to
aggregate and process the output of multiple calls; it is still limited
by the height of the display (can't quite fit 7 files worth of info on
my 1152 pixels screen); i'll send the result to you offlist ...

if someone wanted a really integrated Mac GUI tool, i'd suggest building
this as a Quick Look plugin (not something i can do easily)