GESO - Dolcenera

Dario Bonazza dario.bonazza at virgilio.it
Tue Oct 13 16:19:44 EDT 2009

Chris Mitchell wrote:

> Some excellent shots Dario. Best for me were 24, 31, 34 and 45 (where
> she's
> really letting it rip!).
>
> There are a few with a microphone right in front of her face which I would
> pull from the gallery if they were mine (although no 20 works well!). I
> guess you were limited in the amount you could move around, but getting
> more
> to the side means you get more of a profile and separation from the mic.

Thanks Chris. When shooting, I also try to get rid of the mic as much as I
can, but there are two things to consider:
1 - I believe some pictures with the mic are appropriate when covering a
concert.
2 - No room at all for moving around. I was standing still, pressed in the
crowd, in front of the main mic (while the piano and its mic were on my
right) and I couldn't move more than say an inch forward/backward and
left/right according to other people's minor movements. Furthermore, a lot
of my pics are completely clogged by fans' arms, floating balloons and the
like, as there were quite a lot of people between Dolcenera and me. Oh, and
that reddish blob on the right in # 13 is an out-of-focus balloon.

Dario