Lightroom question

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Tue Oct 13 16:02:39 EDT 2009

I don't think it's designed with that sort of approach in mind, and that's
not a way that I would recommend to anyone, but...

To use a laptop as the day-to-day working catalogue, with offline storage
say on a network drive or a separate external drive, I would probably be
thinking along these lines:

1. for day-to-day use, import onto the laptop
2. for back-ups &archiving, regularly copy the whole lot, pictures,
catalogue, everything to 2 external drives
3. at year end,
	3.1 delete everything from the laptop except the favourites
	3.2 get 2 new external drives to use for backups (otherwise you will
overwrite all your non-favourites!)
4. to work on any of the non-favourites, re-import them into the laptop from
the archive

Bob