OT: Question re GPS and geotagging

Doug Franklin jehosephat at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 13 08:21:42 EDT 2009

Hi Ecke,

eckinator wrote:
> Howdy Doug
> I have the Legend HCx (same model line I believe) and want to do the
> same, would you mind sharing your experience/advice, please?

Probably the best place to start is my travelogue from that trip to
Bulgaria.

     http://NutDriver.org/plovdiv/index.shtml

The parts about geotagging and such are "8.2. Global Positioning System"
and "8.3. Geocoding", which are both near the bottom.  They are a bit
light on details, but I had so little in the way of drama while doing it
that I just haven't much detail to offer.  If that doesn't answer your
questions, feel free to drop me a note and I'll answer as best I can.

The one thing that's not in there is that the Garmin software requires
that you log in as an administrator user both to install their mapping
software and to activate it (kinda like Windows Genuine Advantage) and
associate it with a particular GPS device.  Or, they did when I last
messed with that about a year ago.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)