OT: Question re GPS and geotagging

Rob Studdert distudio.pdml at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 07:19:15 EDT 2009

On 13/10/2009, Alastair Robertson <kiwibiologist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I would have agreed with everything Mark said about the accuracy and -
> that is until I got my latest GPS a Garmin GPSmap 60Cx.  It works
> astonishingly well even in thick forest - the improvement is out of
> this world - it even works inside buldings!  It's something to do with
> the new chip that's inside

SiRF star III, same as in my phone, generally good for a few metres
accuracy in continuous track mode even lying sideways in the side
pocket of my photo-pack. Next project is to mount a high gain antenna
on the top of my pack so I can put the phone inside the backpack
attached to a AA battery pack.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours