K2000/dpreview.com

Dennis Gibson wb6tnb at cox.net
Mon Oct 12 22:33:46 EDT 2009

In looking around I see it's commonly bundled with both the 18-55mm kit lens
and a fairly decent (GN 66 at ISO 100) looking but fixed position hot shoe
flash. No bouncing off ceilings like I like to do.

Costco strikes again. On their web site they're selling the K2000, 18-55mm
lens and 50-200mm lens shipped for $499.99. Then they throw in a free 2GB SD
card. They're calling it a "Hot Buy: $50 off is reflected in the price.
While supplies last". Sounds pretty hot to me. Expedited shipping to
Southern California is $3.79!! Of course if you don't like it they'll refund
your money at any Costco warehouse with no questions asked. I can't think of
any reason not to go for this.

I bought the latest greatest just hit the market Canon superzoom from them
last month for $10.00 under MSRP. They threw in a free 2GB SD card then too.
Expedited shipping was $6.11 and it came UPS Second Day Air. They also had
an HP 8GB SD card with 100 free prints from Costco for $19.99 shipped. I
grabbed that too. It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Does anyone know what dpreview.com has against Pentax? Most reviews of
Pentax products are at the least fairly negative. They just reviewed the K-7
and have nits to pick about it. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk7

They're not all that thrilled with the K2000 either. They thoroughly cover
all of the aspects; maybe the other reviews are more from the view of a
consumer.

I'm off to find my Costco membership card.

Dennis
Santa Barbara, CA