Lightroom question

Bob Sullivan rf.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 19:25:46 EDT 2009

Bob,

I think you see the problem now...

My paradyme with Photoshop was to keep everything in one catalogue on
one machine.  Then it changed to move old images off the laptop (or
desktop) to free up space for newer pictures. At first, this was easy
and I was able to create a "Greatest Hits" album by copying 40 or 50
favorites for 2008 into a separate folder.  This file could remain at
hand while the old photos moved off line.

In mid 2009, I became dissatisfied with Photoshop Elements 5.0 and
decided to move to Lightroom 2.  Here the catalogue system is more
sophisticated and my paradyme for handling images is breaking down.  I
can establish a '09 favorites on the catalogue system, but by mid
2010, most '09 RAW images will be moved off line.  I will lose access
to the pictures without juggling a separate hard disk drive where the
images are stored.  For a select set of '09 images, I would like to
keep the RAW files and sidecar files (or whatever the modifiers are)
on the laptop for easy access in 2010.

Regards,  Bob S.