PESO - Great Grandpa's Store

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 17:04:39 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/12/2009 12:37:01 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
jdavisf8 at yahoo.com writes:
Marnie, I've read a couple  cropping suggestions for this image. With all
due respect, I can't see cropping  any from the top or right. You couldn't
remove much from the top without  threatening the upper right cornice of the
far right building and I feel that  removing even a portion of the right edge
will throw the image out of balance to  the right. A small amount might be
removed from the bottom, but even that isn't  needed. A little too much and
I'm afraid the image will appear top  heavy.

Jack

==========
Thanks, Jack. I already cropped it  before showing it and any other
cropping I felt removed too much from the bottom  (or top). So I agree. Unless I do
an unrestricted, non-standard-photo-size  crop.

Actually, for its intended use, since I will probably put it on a  white
background with no frame around it (i.e. a PDF "cover" page), it doesn't
really matter. White will blend on white. It will only matter if I frame it,
which I might do someday. But I don't mind the white on the right (although I
wouldn't mind a roof line at the top going off to the right, to balance out
the  sidewalk line going off to the right. So I may try Jessom's ?
suggestion to do a  layer to add a little more density and see if I can bring up a
faint hint of a  roof line.)

Thanks for taking a second look.

Marnie  :-)