Mac version of ScanTags now available (with any luck)

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Mon Oct 12 13:21:15 EDT 2009

Thanks - I'll take you up on that packaging offer.

I'm not an expert in AppleScript, so I can't be sure, but it
looks to me as though your script will create multiple windows
if you drag-and-drop more than one file.  You don't need to do
that - ScanTags will accept multiple file name parameters, and
show the tag information for all the files in a single window.

It's the absence of the lens names that prompted me to create
ScanTags in the first place; it's a lot faster than firing up
a heavyweight application (such as Lightroom) to see what lens
I used.  Once I was doing that I might as well show the other
tags as well, so the information was all in one place.  It's
also handy to be able to write the output directly to a file,
and to be able to batch process a list of image files.