PESO: Bailey and Baxter

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 12 09:45:46 EDT 2009

From: David Mann
> On Oct 12, 2009, at 10:57 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
>
>> > I had a peso earlier of Bailey. Here's one of him with his buddy
>> > Baxter.
>> >
>> > Baxter's about to drive me crazy. She doesn't know how to act now
>> > that Bailey's gone. Demands 110% of my attention 120% of the time.
>> >
>> > Anyway ...
>> >
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/4002741830/
>
> There's a cat called Bailie (I think that's how it's spelt) who lives
> not far from me.  I often see him (or her) waiting at the end of the
> driveway for his people to come home from work.  Quite a friendly cat,
> and a bit of a talker.  I like to get off the bike and stop for a
> little chat on my way past.

We've a number of outdoor cats in the neighborhood. Some of them are
friendly, but I'm afraid to pet them lest I bring FeLV inside to my own
cat. I will chase 'em out of the street - doing my part to keep 'em from
getting run over.

The names were a bit of wit. Half anyway.

Back when I got them, there were two people who frequently appeared on
NPR's All Things Considered; a retired school teacher from Georgia named
Bailey White and Baxter Black "the Cowboy Poet and large animal
veterinarian".

If I'd really been clever, I'd have named the white one Baxter and the
black one Bailey and made it a double pun or something.