Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC

Peter McIntosh petergly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 04:33:28 EDT 2009

2009/10/11 Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb at cox.net>

> Has anyone used both the Sigma and the Pentax 18-55mm? I shot a bunch of interiors with the Pentax awhile back and didn't look at them until now. I shouldn't be surprised at the barrel distortion at 18mm but it's worse than I expected. Previously almost everything was shot outdoors where it's not as noticeable. I know; kit lenses aren't anything worth writing home about. I wonder if the Sigma is any better. I have an opportunity to get one at a very reasonable price.

I've got both.  Got the Sigma with the camera, bought the Pentax later
 The price for my camera (ist-DL) was the same with or without the
lens.  In other words, they were giving them away. It did the job
until I could afford something better.  Don't bother with the Sigma -
soft, sloppy, slow.

Regards,

Peter in western Sydney.