Peso - Washington 1

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Sun Oct 11 18:50:38 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/10/2009 9:02:26 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
gldnbearz.pdml at gmail.com writes:
Starting to post a  few results from my recent Washington, DC trip.  We
had a discussion of  lenses to bring (DA 16-45 vs DA 12-24).  This was
taken with the  12-24:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Nn-R2KLB88M/Ssa9x08SruI/AAAAAAAAAx8/8WTu4p41wm8/s800/I
MGP3944.JPG

-  Pat

=============
I like this image, like the way you got the  monument and the capitol and
flags in. Like the way it leans. Like the way your  SO spread eagle on the
monument. It's funny and/or seems to say something  significant.

But, I feel, it needs post processing for you to punch it  up, because it
did that digital thing of turning the sky too dark, too blue. The  whole
thing needs to be much lighter, to show up better.

I bumped up the  fill light and highlights in LR and bumped up the blacks
as well. (Probably  needs more sharpening than I gave it too.)

First was too gray and  dark.

http://www.mapphotography.com/patspic-1.jpg

I also tried  some very dramatic B&W variations (not showing here). So you
could go that  route too.

Just needs some work. (I might clone out part of the person on  the right
too).

HTH, Marnie  :-)