Lightroom question

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sun Oct 11 16:46:38 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:49:54AM -0500, Charles Robinson wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2009, at 11:40, Larry Colen wrote:
>
> >I've got a job Tuesday night taking photos at a charity event. As part
> >of this job, I'm going to need to get them printed.
>

> [snip!]
>
> I didn't see a question...?

Sorry. The problem with trying to write something when I've been up
for 24+ hours:

I'd like to collect all of those shots, with the processing data that
I've already done, and have a special grouping of them all in one
place. I'd rather do this without duplicating the raw files that are
already there, though I don't mind if the files of processing
instructions (for printing) are different than the current iteration
of those files.

The question is, how do I copy the photos from different libraries, or
catalogues, or whatever they're called into a single set? Preferably
doing so in such a way that I'm collecting the lightroom info about
each photo, rather than just duplicating the raw files.

When I import files, it maintains the directory structure of where
each of the photos is, and this may, or may not be a good thing.