What did I use to take that shot?

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Sun Oct 11 15:38:31 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 02:31:37PM -0400, John Francis wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 02:46:31AM -0400, Eactivist at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I tried it with dragging and dropping my Canon  Raw files on it and it
> > works fine (older/newer version of Canon RAW). Although I  keep getting the
> > Windows warning that it is unsigned/unverified and do I want to  run it?
>
> According to an earlier message in this thread you should be able to fix
> that my right-clicking on the executable and selecting something from the
> menu.  I don't see this sort of thing on my machine, but I'm running XP.

Well, I'm now learning "more than I ever wanted to know (tm)" about the
security infrastructure (User Account Control) in Windows Vista & W7 :-)
Apparently I might be able to do something about this by including some
additional cruft in the executable.  Unfortunately I'm still developing
using Visual Studio 2005, so it's not quite as straightformard as it is
in later versions of Visual Studio.  More as and when I make progress.