PESO: Jamie

paul stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 15:36:54 EDT 2009

On Oct 11, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Miserere wrote:

> 2009/10/11 paul stenquist <pnstenquist at comcast.net>:
>> Jamie McCarthy is an advertising television producer that I worked
>> with some
>> years ago when he was a newbie. He's quickly becoming a  successful
>> recording artist with his Jamie McCarthy Band. Went to see the band
>> last
>> night at a local venue. I shot some pics of course. K7D and DA*
>> 50/135/2.8.
>> Almost all at ISO 3200 and f3.2. Shutter speeds varied from 1/15th to
>> 1/100th, depending on the stage lighting. A few links below. If you
>> want to
>> see more, just back up to the folder. These are BW, but I converted
>> a few in
>> color as well.
>>
>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9888655
>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9888642&size=lg
>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9888658
>>
>> Paul
>
> I'm impressed with the quality of these, Paul. How was the light? I'd
> love to get this IQ working at 3200? In the dingy pubs where I've been
> shooting, the ISO1600 ceiling on my K10D makes shooting a challenge,
> and I have to use f/1.8 or faster; no way could I shoot an f/2.8 zoom.
>
> Are you going to tell me I need the K-7 too? You know, if enough of
> you keep telling me, I might just have to buy one. So you'll all shut
> up, of course  :-0
>
> I see some banding on this one:
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9888663
>
> Is that usual?

No, it only happens when I have to push the exposure. This one was
shot when the performer came off the stage to serenade his wife. It
was very dark. I think the exposure was f2.8 @ 1/10th, ISO 5000, and I
bumped up the exposure a stop  in conversion. Just one of those
situations where you want the shot enough to tolerate crap
Paul