PESO - Flat Iron Building - now with link!

George Sinos gsinos at
Sun Oct 11 15:10:14 EDT 2009

Purely accidental, but I've seen it before.

I think it's a combination of a few things.  The high point of view is
similar to what we see when viewing a miniature scene such as a model
railroad or dollhouse.  The small sensor of the cellphone camera gives
the original image extreme depth of field.  The high contrast lighting
might also contribute.  I don't know if the vignette has anything to
do with it.

Now that it's happened on a couple of shots, I may get motivated to
try to do it intentionally.