Mac version of ScanTags now available (with any luck)

John Francis johnf at
Sun Oct 11 14:39:01 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 07:25:25PM +1300, David Mann wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2009, at 3:57 PM, John Francis wrote:
>> I've prevailed on a friend of mine to give me a few minutes on his
>> macbook pro, and so I now have what purports to be a mac version of
>> my little ScanTags executable.  It can be downloaded from
>>    <>
>> Enjoy!
> Works well but I can't drag & drop onto its icon.  Not a big issue, I
> can just open a terminal.

I'm not a mac user, so I don't know how things work there.  On Windows,
drag-and-drop onto an icon invokes the executable, passing the file
name (or names) as command-line parameters; I don't have to do anything
special to make it work.

Maybe one of the resident mac experts can suggest something?

[I must admit I do feel a little schadenfreude at seeing something
that "just works" on a PC, but which isn't quite so simple on a mac]