Lightroom question

Bob Sullivan rf.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:54:36 EDT 2009

OK, Here's a question.
In Photoshop Elements 5.0 I kept/keep a file of 2008 best and 2009 best photos.
That way, I can reference and print them without digging them up.
With the K-7, I've shifted to Lightroom 2.5.
The laptop quickly fills with new images, and I have to roll off past quarters.
So how do I establish a place where I can keep the best of 2009 around
for a long time.
Do I copy my favorites to a separate folder?
That's what I did in PS Elements.
Regards,  Bob S.