Peso - Washington 2

John Francis johnf at
Sat Oct 10 20:11:18 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 07:56:03PM -0400, frank theriault wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM, gldnbearz <gldnbearz.pdml at> wrote:
> > The Concorde is a really big girl-
> >

> > She's hangared at the Dulles location of the National Air & Space Museum.
> And she's very pointy, too!
> I like this:  interesting perspective, right choice of lens.
> cheers,
> frank

I agree - that's an unusual take on the Concorde.

There are several of them around at museums; I've got pictures of the one
at the Boeing Museum of Flight in Seattle.

I do have to take exception to one thing, though - the Concorde isn't large.
In fact if you take a look inside one the overwhelming impression is just
how tiny this thing is.  If you want large, try the Airbus A380.  I got to
see one of these at Heathrow when I was flying back to San Francisco, both
at the terminal as I made my way to my gate, and taking off (about an hour
before my flight was due to depart).