K7D at ISO 3200

P N Stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 16:37:52 EDT 2009

I haven't shot a lot of low light pics with the K7, even though I'm
already up over 7000 frames. But I had occasion to do so today,
shooting in a rather dark barn on a farm. Exposure here is right out
of the camera no tweaking. Both pics are full frame. A bit of smart
sharpening on the cow, none on grace. Both were converted with the
default PSCS 4 ACR settings.

Some noise in the dark shadow areas, but otherwise they look pretty
clean to me. I'm happy with the low light performance of this camera.
It's no D700, but it's a bit better than the K20D.

I'm VERY pleased with its exposure accuracy.