K7D at ISO 3200

P N Stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 16:37:52 EDT 2009

I haven't shot a lot of low light pics with the K7, even though I'm
already up over 7000 frames. But I had occasion to do so today,
shooting in a rather dark barn on a farm. Exposure here is right out
of the camera no tweaking. Both pics are full frame. A bit of smart
sharpening on the cow, none on grace. Both were converted with the
default PSCS 4 ACR settings.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9885280&size=lg

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9885280&size=lg

Some noise in the dark shadow areas, but otherwise they look pretty
clean to me. I'm happy with the low light performance of this camera.
It's no D700, but it's a bit better than the K20D.

I'm VERY pleased with its exposure accuracy.

Paul