Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC

Dennis Gibson wb6tnb at cox.net
Sat Oct 10 12:55:18 EDT 2009

Has anyone used both the Sigma and the Pentax 18-55mm? I shot a bunch of
interiors with the Pentax awhile back and didn't look at them until now. I
shouldn't be surprised at the barrel distortion at 18mm but it's worse than
I expected. Previously almost everything was shot outdoors where it's not as
noticeable. I know; kit lenses aren't anything worth writing home about. I
wonder if the Sigma is any better. I have an opportunity to get one at a
very reasonable price.

Anyone here using the Pentax-FA 28-90mm? I'm quite underwhelmed with mine
but fortunately paid very little for it.