OT: Obama just won Nobel Peace Prize.

mike wilson m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 10 03:01:23 EDT 2009

P. J. Alling wrote:

> Oppenheimer.  The atomic bomb kept the peace for 50+ years, at least
> there were no "major" shooting wars for 50 years because no one wanted
> to risk a conventional war getting out of hand.  Probably the first time
> that a weapon was actually too terrible to use.

Wow.  Whilst I can understand that you may not consider the recent stuff
in the Middle East major because not so many Americans have been
affected, how you can say that Vietnam was anything other than major for
the USA (especially considering the psychological effect of "losing"
after all those deaths) and at least three other countries, I do not know.