What did I use to take that shot?

mike wilson m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 10 02:53:49 EDT 2009

Joseph McAllister wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 10:30 , Bruce Walker wrote:
>
>> John Francis wrote:

>>> Odd.  I assume you're sure that the JPEG file is one straight from
>>> the camera,
>>> not one created by "Save for Web" (which strips all that kind of
>>> stuff).
>>> What can I say?   It works for me, and apparently for some other
>>> folks too.
>>> If this were W7 I'd guess at some kind of security/protection  issue,
>>> but XP
>>> shouldn't have (quite as many of) those kind of obstacles.
>>

>> At this point I just have to say that as a Mac user I'm being  greatly
>> entertained by this thread.  :-)
>>
>> -bmw
>

> Yeah. Me too. I got hit with a Windows POS**t last night on my iMac
> through Safari. That damn thing that opens a window and "checks your  PC
> for viruses and worms" then goes about testing your hard drive and
> announces that your software and hard drive are seriously infected  Then
> it won't let you get out of it, other than by quiting Safari.  Even
> then, this morning, when I awakened my iMac from it's sleep, it  crashed
> with the transparent veil of kernel sickness, for the first  time in 14
> months. (That's how long Mac users have to play before  something bad
> happens, folks). I sent a report to Apple.
>
> Microsoft haters & worshippers! Stay outta my stuff!

Even worse, Joseph, it starts deleting random files after 20hours
playtime.  If you have a "my documents" folder, there should be a new
numerically named folder in there.  Rename (it usually won't let you
delete them) all the files in it and restart and you should then be able
to remove the trojan with the normal AV/malware tools.