OT: Obama just won Nobel Peace Prize.

Boris Liberman boris71 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 00:47:30 EDT 2009

John Sessoms wrote:
> Instead, the site opened and there's a headline Obama's been awarded
> this year's Nobel Peace Prize.

That's one piece of the news this year (2009) that provokes most
thought, really. Whether one arrives to pro or contra conclusion
regarding the man and the price is less important. What is more
important is the processes and tendencies in the modern Western world
that take place.

Personally, I think it is pretty ridiculous simply because less than a
year of mister Obama in the office don't seem to have that much
pronounced impact on the whole world to facilitate the price. But then
again, who am I to interpret the rules...

Boris

P.S. If anyone wants to discuss this further *with me*, please reply
off-list.