OT: Obama just won Nobel Peace Prize.

steve harley pdml at paper-ape.com
Fri Oct 9 19:51:30 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-09 14:00 , Michael Gaudet wrote:
> According to the NYTimes link that was referenced, the Nobel
> Committee based the decision on what Obama *has* accomplished in the
> last 9 months:
 > [...]
> “We are not awarding the prize for what may happen in the future, but
> for what he has done in the previous year,” Mr. Jagland said. “We
> would hope this will enhance what he is trying to do.”"

there are mixed messages coming from the Nobel committee on this --
Jagland also said "It was because we would like to support what he is
trying to achieve."

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8298580.stm>

i gasped with disbelief when i heard it on the radio this morning; it
still doesn't make sense to me