What did I use to take that shot?

Joseph McAllister pentaxian at mac.com
Fri Oct 9 17:50:45 EDT 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 10:30 , Bruce Walker wrote:

> John Francis wrote:

>>> I've tried dragging an image file (JPEG) onto it. Also tried running
>>> it from a command line.
>> Odd.  I assume you're sure that the JPEG file is one straight from
>> the camera,
>> not one created by "Save for Web" (which strips all that kind of
>> stuff).
>> What can I say?   It works for me, and apparently for some other
>> folks too.
>> If this were W7 I'd guess at some kind of security/protection
>> issue, but XP
>> shouldn't have (quite as many of) those kind of obstacles.
>
> At this point I just have to say that as a Mac user I'm being
> greatly entertained by this thread.  :-)
>
> -bmw

Yeah. Me too. I got hit with a Windows POS**t last night on my iMac
through Safari. That damn thing that opens a window and "checks your
PC for viruses and worms" then goes about testing your hard drive and
announces that your software and hard drive are seriously infected
Then it won't let you get out of it, other than by quiting Safari.
Even then, this morning, when I awakened my iMac from it's sleep, it
crashed with the transparent veil of kernel sickness, for the first
time in 14 months. (That's how long Mac users have to play before
something bad happens, folks). I sent a report to Apple.

Microsoft haters & worshippers! Stay outta my stuff!

Joseph McAllister
pentaxian at mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.