OT: Obama just won Nobel Peace Prize.

Michael Gaudet ok1000pentaxblog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:00:46 EDT 2009

Yeah, this is slightly off-topic. But I'm not a fan of reading reports
wrong. According to the NYTimes link that was referenced, the Nobel
Committee based the decision on what Obama *has* accomplished in the
last 9 months:

"Thorbjorn Jagland, the chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee and
a former prime minister of Norway, said the president had already
contributed enough to world diplomacy and international understanding
to earn the award.

“We are not awarding the prize for what may happen in the future, but
for what he has done in the previous year,” Mr. Jagland said. “We
would hope this will enhance what he is trying to do.”"

Sure, people disagree. But saying "Apparently based not on what he's
accomplished so far" is misleading.