Photo.net

Scott Loveless sdloveless at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:54:22 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> From: Scott Loveless
>>
>> Try changing your DNS addresses.  I use http://dnsresolvers.com/ to
>> get around Comcast's BS.  There are others out there, too.
>
> Instructions are a little cryptic for the typical end user.
>
>> To use DNSResolvers.com
>> add these IP's to your resolver list:
>
> I've been unable to figure out where my "resolver list" is hidden. Firefox
> help, a google search and Windows help aren't much help.

With Windows XP:  Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network
Connections -> right click your network connection -> Properties ->
select Internet Protocol -> Properties

On the bottom of the "General tab you should see options for "Obtain
DNS addresses automagically" and "Use the following DNS".  Click the
"Use the following" option and enter those addresses you found at
DNSresolvers.

If you connect through a router of some sort, you should also be able
to change the DNS addresses in the router.  See your instruction
manual.

Ubuntu Linux instructions here:  https://www.opendns.com/start/ubuntu.php

Mac users are on their own.  ;)

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008