Photo.net

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 9 14:32:35 EDT 2009

From: Scott Loveless
> On 10/9/09, Tom C <cakaltm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I know some have said some things about why a certain website may
>> >  appear to be blocked.  After a week or more I still can't get to
>> >  photo.net.
>
> Try changing your DNS addresses.  I use http://dnsresolvers.com/ to
> get around Comcast's BS.  There are others out there, too.

Instructions are a little cryptic for the typical end user.

> To use DNSResolvers.com
> add these IP's to your resolver list:

I've been unable to figure out where my "resolver list" is hidden.
Firefox help, a google search and Windows help aren't much help.

I've got a site that's giving me intermittent "unable to find server"
errors, and I think it might be due to a wonky DNS server at RoadRunner.
I don't want to change my TCP/IP settings, which is basically DHCP. I'd
just like to add those two alternate name servers so if the RoadRunner
server can't resolve the IP address.

In addition to AVG-free anti-virus, I use a hosts file to block known
bad sites. The hosts file seems to work pretty well.