Any PHP experts on the list?

Mark Roberts mark at robertstech.com
Fri Oct 9 09:48:28 EDT 2009

Bruce Walker wrote:

>Mark Roberts wrote:
>> I have a couple of questions about PHP. The infinite wisdom of The
>> List may be required.
>
>Not an expert, but I use it. So ask away ... :-)

Thanks, but I think I worked it out for myself.

Like anyone with a blog, I have problems with blog spammers. A huge
percentage of them register with email addresses at one particular
domain (even though my blog doesn't require registration in order to
comment - go figure). I want to avoid annoying "New User Registration"
emails and to keep the registered user database uncluttered. I've now
set up the registration page so that if you register with an email
address from this forbidden domain, as soon as you click the "submit"
button the registration aborts... but you get redirected to a page
that tells you registration was successful :)