New macro lens

Graydon oak at uniserve.com
Thu Oct 8 21:08:25 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 03:55:38PM -0500, Tom C scripsit:
> This won't help but I was surprised that the used normal FA 100/2.8
> Macros have a higher asking price than the brand new D-FA's on e-bay.

It's sharper.  The DFA has better colour rendering, but the FA is
sharper.

It's also built like an aluminium brick.

> FWIW, I find the lens perfectly acceptable on the digital bodies.  I
> think I paid $200 for it, from the used lens counter of a camera shop
> in 1999.

I paid 900 CAD for mine; last new one Henry's had in the fall of 2007.
(Yes, this was before I had a camera to put it on.  I was dithering
between the K10 and expected-in-September K20D.)  Don't regret it.

-- Graydon