PESO - Still Life on Queen West

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 8 14:35:14 EDT 2009

From: "P. J. Alling"
> John Sessoms wrote:
>> > From: "P. J. Alling"

>> > Ah, but the Krispy Kreme up the street from my house still makes
>> > theirs on site.
>> >
>> > And the coffee is pretty good too, if all you want in your coffee is
>> > coffee. Which I do.
>> >
>> > I don't eat many of them any more, trying to control my weight, but
>> > when I do, it's about a 1-1/2 mile walk up there, and if I limit
>> > myself to two, I can burn some of the calories off walking back.
>> >
> Yea, but Krispy Kream pretty much makes little deep fried bundles of
> sugary death, Dunkun used to actually make donuts.

Well, if I turn the other way down the street, there's a Dunkin Donuts
about the same distance from my house as the Krispy Kreme. If you could
draw a line on a map between the two stores, my house is almost exactly
in the middle.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is ok, but the donuts have definitely gone downhill
in the last few years.

I only walk up to Krispy Kreme when I know the sign saying "Hot Donuts
NOW" is going to be lit. They may be bad for ya, but when they come
straight out fryer, they're delicious.